Monday, January 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap Up

What a wonderful weekend! Saturday I went shopping with my mom. We hit up JCPenney. They were having some great sales, with an additional 25% off clearance. I ended up getting 4 dresses that were super cute! One was $14.99 and the other 3 were $3.75 each (CRAZY right??) I'll try and post some pics of them this week. 

After that I took my dog for a 45 min walk then showered and got ready for roller derby. Right now I am a Flamingo (Non Skating Official) and "fresh meat" That means I help referee bouts to help out/learn more about the rules and being fresh meat means I am a free agent but get to attend derby practices until I get placed on a team. This Saturday night we played a team from Anchorage Alaska, and won the battle of the big states. I was one of 3 people keeping track of the girls in the penalty box aka SIN BIN! It was awesome to be so close to the action, I can't wait to get out there one day.



After that bout there was a mashup which is a mix of girls from different local teams and leagues-team Bigfoot vs Team Yeti. If you have a local derby league, I highly suggest you go see them in action. It is fast paced and even family friendly.

Sunday I slept in which was fantastic! My younger sister M lives about 45 minutes away from me and invited me to go to church with her, so I went and enjoyed myself. She is hard of hearing and has learning delays and one of the kindest girls you will ever meet. We had brunch when we got home, then took our dogs for an hr walk around the local trail by their house. My dog Diamond is a 3yr old all white husky that I rescued from a shelter when she was 4 months old. M's dog is named Jules and is about 6. They adopted her when she was 3. Here are some pictures from out walk, I'm looking forward to the grass being green again. 






After our walk my sister and I had fun playing Wii bowling. I do awesome on the Wii, but real life bowling...not so much! It's still fun to go do every now and again. I stayed and had dinner with my mom, dad and M. They fixed yummy fish tacos with yellow rice, and broccoli on the side. 

Ahhhhh today (Monday) was just what I needed. A day of rest and relaxation. I don't really watch TV during the week, so I caught up on that today. Found 2 new to me shows that I like. Dads was hilarious! With Giovanni Ribisi and Seth Green, how could it NOT be?? The other was Guy's Grocery Store Games. I use to work as a cashier at a grocery store in high school and love to grocery shop these days. So it's like the tv show Chopped, but set in a grocery store. I filled out/updated my planner during all that tv time. Overall it was a fun, family filled weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment