Monday, January 27, 2014

Throw some D's on it!

My busy weekend is over and it's back to the grind! I love alliteration, this weekend was all about the letter D. :) It started off early Saturday morning at the Hypnotic Donut Dash 5k. That's 1/14 for the 14 races I want to participate/volunteer for in 2014.



 I volunteered with my sister, we got to hand out awards to the winners in each age group. The fastest overall time was 15 minutes 44 seconds and the 2nd place female in the 30 to 35 year are group was several months pregnant. It was fun to see everyone finish!


Deep Ellum Brewery was there giving out free tastes of their new coffee ale. I dig their beer van!

Live music was also a part of the event. Shotgun Friday performed. Their instruments included a kazoo and washboard! They did covers of sublime and Bob Marley, hillbilly style! As they like to say Shit Dang!


We headed to my sisters house and walked our dogs Diamond and Jules. After that we grabbed some Genghis Grill. Mine was steak and scallops with lots of veggies, cabbage instead of noodles and Dragon sauce. Then we went home and took a well deserved nap. Next up was derby in Denton. It was our first time seeing the guys do roller derby. WOW! They are amazing to watch. Check out you tube if you are interested to see a men's bout. Dallas Deception won the tournament.


I ended the night back in Dallas, seeing a great cover band Empire 6 perform. My friend Jennifer and I closed the bar down! I only had one drink-a pint of Ace cider, my fav! Since I was out till 2 am, I slept in till 11. We took the dogs on a 2 mile walk, then it was off to the dog park to meet up with some of our furry friends. 



Once we finished up there, we headed to White Rock Lake, met my dad, sister, their dog and walked for 2 hrs which was about 9 miles. It was such a gorgeous day! in the high 60's and full of sunshine. We finished the day with my dad grilling steaks for dinner. They were delicious!

Speaking of delicious, I have some yummy looking Super Bowl recipes from 2 of my favorite food blogs for you to try!Peace Love and Low Carb has some great ones posted, as does Peas and Crayons. I'm linking up with Mamas Losing It for Motivational Monday and Kristin and Kristin for Healthy Tips and Tricks Tuesday. I hope your week is off to a great start! 

No comments:

Post a Comment