Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Goals: 14 in 2014

The past few weeks have been very refreshing for me. Whether you make resolutions or not, a new year is a great time to start with a clean slate and learn from the past 12 months. I refer to these as goals because they are things I intend to achieve. The word resolution can almost have a weight attached to it, making it harder to accomplish and some might feel like it is going to fizzle out and you are destined to fail. So goals it is!

My favorite number has always been 7, (3 floats my boat too) so below are 7 goals I am starting out 2014 with. I plan to update progress as I accomplish things in each category and will add goals as the year continues. Let the fun begin!

My 14 in 2014 goals

14 races to complete and/or volunteer at

I have already signed up for  the Dallas Rock n Roll Half Marathon with my dad, sister, uncle and cousins. On the volunteer front I have already signed up to help out at the Hypnotic Donut Dash here in Dallas (donuts at every mile, yum) and the Dallas Hot Chocolate 5k/15k (chocolate fondue finisher's treat, DOUBLE yum). Several mud runs, fun runs (color, zombie, glow in the dark), and bike rallys are also on tap. Stay tuned.

14 books to read

Reading goes in spurts for me. I'll read several books back to back, then not read for a few weeks. Rinse and repeat. It is highly likely that I will surpass this goal, but it gives me a place to record what I've read and get recommendations from people through my blog. Any books I just HAVE to read? :)

14 recipes to try

This is one I plan to blow outta the water! There are so many fantastic blogs out there with healthy, flavorful food that  I can't wait to recreate. I will talk more about my favorite food blogs in a future posts and take photos and give my opinion on how the dishes I made turned out.

14 new places to visit

DFW offers so much in regards to culture, art, entertainment, restaurants and outdoor activities. I have a mini bucket list of things I want to see and do. Museums to visit, trails to hike or bike, art galleries to attend, can't wait!

14 craft projects

I mentioned not being on Pinterest, but that doesn't stop me from having craft projects out the wazoo I want to attempt! As much fun as DIY is, I need this push to get all the fun things done I have been drooling over for ages.

14 "classic" movies to see

Now this comes with a disclaimer, classic is a relative term. Comedy wise my classics include Tommy Boy, Billy Madison and Dumb and Dumber. (High class, I know!) But in general I still have yet to see any of the Lord of The Rings, Scarface, A Clockwork Orange, even (gasp) Gone with the Wind. As you can see, this is a broad term. But it's about time I saw some more of the "greats".

14 exercise sessions minimum per month

Between roller derby, biking, walking/jogging (running is too hard on my knees), Zumba, Body Combat and Body Pump I will ROCK this goal! I also plan to hike and swim some this year, as well as kayak, SUP (Stand up Paddle) and indoor rock climb. I have exercise ADD because there are so many FUN ways to get fitness in. If you hate your workout routine, change it up! You shouldn't dread what you do. 

What fun things do you have to look forward to in 2014?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment