Monday, January 13, 2014

New Kid on the Block

Since I was born in the 80's, I figured this was a fitting title to get this blog started with. I'm old school and use a pen and paper for to do lists and my scheduling. The brightly colored pens and planners draw me in and put a smile on my face even when my list is a mile long. I was the kid that loved picking out their school supplies at the beginning of every year, making sure I got the coolest folders and spirals and pencils. It's the little things in life people! :)

Who is this girl anyway?? My name is Stephanie, I'm 32 and live in DFW, TX. Last year mud runs and bike road races (bicycle) were my new endeavors. I did 5 mud runs, 2 bike races and 1 half marathon (Rock n Roll Dallas) as well as volunteer for glow runs, color runs and the Hot Chocolate 5k (so much fun to be a part of someone's race experience). This year I've added roller derby into the mix. I saw a bout a few years ago and always doubted that I could do it. But after last years adventures, I realized I'm capable of a lot more than I realized, so I finally gave it a shot. It's been a blast so far!

Food makes me swoon! There are so many amazing restaurants here in DFW that I have enjoyed trying and several more that continue to pop up. I am just as adventurous in my food choices as I am with my fitness. Greek, Thai, Italian, Indian, Mexican etc I love it all! Cooking is also becoming a bigger and bigger part of my life. I am always on the hunt for new dishes to make. Overall I eat pretty clean at home which is a mix of low carb/gf/paleo/primal. When I go out to eat I'll indulge in sweets or bread, but at home I use stevia and zylitol as well as gf flours. Healthy food doesn't have to taste bland or boring!

Being frugal, fashion and DIY/crafts have always been a part of my life. I will be posting pics of what I've been wearing as well as things I've DIYed. I have yet to join Pinterest, for fear that I will dive in and never want to leave the site! I live vicariously through other peoples blogs and things they mentioned or pinned, which will suffice for the time being. I am always down for a good sale and enjoy thrift and vintage stores.

Blogs of all sorts are read by me on a daily basis. My interests are all over the place as are my favorite blogs. So this blog will be a mix of things, basically whatever I'm up to at any given moment, what thoughts are running through my head, an awesome deal I just scored, or the latest recipe I tried. It will be fun to connect with new people and look back on this blog of mine in the future and see what adventures awaited me.

No comments:

Post a Comment