Monday, March 17, 2014

Vacation fun

My week long vacation has just come to an end. I had such a wonderful time down in Austin, Texas with my family. While I was down there, the South by Southwest music festival was happening. I went to it once before and had a blast! This year I saw 2 musicians that I have been a fan of for years Cas Haley who has a laid back reggae vibe.



He played at a great outdoor amphitheater called Symphony Square. It was sunny and warm outside, so I really enjoyed it. After he performed there were 2 guys from Oahu Hawaii that played. It made me miss living there, but it was just too expensive! After that, it was decided to walk to all of the destinations for the day because it was so nice out and each of the venues were only 2ish miles away. It was a wonderful way to experience Austin. The State Capital snuck into my selfie ;)


After hitting up a quirky place called the Spider House Cafe for some more music and art, Rhett Miller of the Old 97's was singing at Mellow Johnny's Bike Shop. I've been a fan of that band for 15 yrs, so it was exciting to finally meet him.


I walked everywhere that day, made sure to drink lots of water with me and brought some almonds to snack on. Home Goods had a cute apron that I purchased.


Goodwill had 2 gems for me, a 1950's retro swimsuit in excellent condition.


A vintage cycling jersey was also included. Once it warms up I can't wait to wear it!


I enjoyed several home cooked meals with my family, lots of good conversation over coffee....


Between walking around 8 miles Tuesday and Wednesday, a bike ride around my cousins subdivision (wow, they don't call Central Texas "Hill country" for nothin') and an hr long exercise DVD, I feel like I got a fair amount of exercise in. It was quite an enjoyable week. The bluebonnets were blooming (Texas state flower).


The below stencil was on the sidewalk, there were so many different stencils on trashcans, walls and the ground throughout Austin. This is a fitting end to my post because my vaca concluded with a really rainy drive back to Dallas.


I'm linking up Dateless in Dallas. I'll be back to posting more regularly now, I have the Rock n Roll Half Marathon coming up here in Dallas this Sunday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment