Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Buckle up buttercup!

Last week was full of fun. Plenty of quality time with family, yummy home cooked meals, exercise and live music. I got to meet one of my musical heroes Rhett Miller of the Old 97's.


At Home Goods I also picked up a spiffy new apron.


Read my recap from Monday to see what else I got up to. :) On vacation I felt pretty balanced. I didn't grab any fast food, go out to eat or drink alcohol. I did thoroughly enjoy my cousin's home cooked meals for dinner and eat a sensible breakfast and lunch. I did snack on candy a few days, but read what a serving size was and stuck to that. My water intake was awesome. I walked about 8 miles a day all over Austin, TX Tues and Wed. Did a Brazilian Buttlift DVD with my cousin Thursday and went for a hilly bike ride Friday. Overall I felt balanced and in control. 

That being said, I was up a few lbs upon my return. (TOM is also a culprit) I didn't freak out, just settled back into my routine of eating healthy and exercising. There are many exciting things for me on the horizon. Mud runs, bike rides, hiking now that the weather is nicer and of course lots of roller derby. I am really focusing on enjoying exercise and making tasty food. Healthy food doesn't have to be bland! Elle has Operation Red Bikini in full effect. MarcyJess and Val have a 90 days till summer swimsuit challenge. I'm up for the shenanigans! The weight I have left to lose is totally doable in that time frame. Today I'm linking up with Heather and Ash. Are you getting ready for summer as well? Any fun races on the horizon?

No comments:

Post a Comment